Good: This academic year started with two module weeks (which I will tell you about later). This meant high-density classes, exercises and short projects, enough so that I pulled my first all-nighter early this year: in the first week to be exact.
Bad: The idea was that by this week, normalcy would return and I would have loads of time to spend on my main project: Smart Sleep. However… it seems like all I can think of is Sleep, without the Smart. So I wondered: what is going on? I looked forward to this project!
Extracurricular: To get a grip and prioritize my extracurricular activities, I have listed all TU/e activities under here to see how it looks. I have sorted them into a ‘right now’ and ‘this semester’ pile.
- Smart Sleep project: read and review literature, work on research question
- Write reflections for module Autonomous Behaviour
- Re-write PDP and Vision (PDP=personal development plan; Vision= written piece about vision as a designer)
- ProFit competition: write proposal
- Pitch for TNO Winter School: second round
- Runners training for IAK City Run
- Prototype for joint project with Electro students
- Find participants for User study
- New Showcase website (showcase= portfolio)
- Learn HTML
- Learn SPSS
- Organise 2 SDL workshops (SDL= self directed learning)
- Write paper
If I am perfectly honest, only the first two points on each list are absolutely positively necessary. I don’t want to drop any of the others, but all of them together make up a pretty intense next few weeks. In fact, all the ‘right now’ activities are due this week.
That realization makes the prioritizing a bit easier: this week and this week alone I shall power through and do it all. After that, the dust will finally settle and I will have enough time to do the Smart Sleep project well and do some nice extracurricular activities. So the word prioritizing does not really fit here after all, does it…