In this video, you can see four teenagers talking about their lives and evaluating classic Light Scribing.The most interesting conclusions of these conversations are described next.
On their life in general:
- these teenagers spend a lot of their free time with friends, outside the house, and communicating with friends, sometimes at the same time
- they are communicating mostly via social media using text, photos, movies; and real-life talking
- subjects are: other friends, documenting experiences, seeing something beautiful or funny
On Light Scribing:
- the teenagers were working together, being inventive
- spontaneous actions happen a lot
- there is little to no hierarchy or territorial behavior
- intrinsically motivated to make ‘beautiful’ results
- unprompted: ‘this is tiring’
- a sense of pride and competency when telling others about it
- ideas for improvement from users: working together with more people, other locations, possible equipment
- better technical possibilities seemed to dampen the fun and originality
I also analyzed the design space using a kind of mind-mapping technique that I distilled these key factors from. These are basically the elementary make up of the final concept, like building blocks.